Maternity Benefit is one of the short-term benefit offered by ZSSF paid to a female member who attain the pregnancy or after delivery birth.
- Beneficiary must be a registered member and contributor to the Fund.
- Member should have contributed not less than 36 months out which 6 months contributed consecutively before pregnancy or delivery birth.
Procedures for applying Maternity benefits.
In order member to get a pension, she is required to submit the following documents: -
- Employer's letter confirming her pregnant
- Personal letter requesting Maternity Benefit.
- Two recent colored passport sized photographs of the member.
- ZSSF membership card
- Bank details: name of the bank, account name and account number of the applicant.
- Application form SSF13 which is available and filled in front of ZSSF Benefit's Officer.
Additional features to ZSSF benefit.
- Benefit provided by ZSSF is paid immediately after member completes the relevant procedures.
- Payment takes place between ZSSF and responsible member and not through employer, other institutions or anyone else.
- ZSSF benefit do not discriminate; is provided to all members, nationals and non nationals of Tanzania, as stipulated in the United Nations Declaration on Social Security.
- Payment of Benefits information is confidential between ZSSF and member, or beneficiary's payees.
- Payments are paid in early day of the month by 25 or below, even if it is a weekend or in religious and national holiday.