Old Age (Retirement) Benefit is one of the long-term benefit offered by ZSSF paid to a member who attain retirement age and retired.
The voluntary retirement age is 55 years and compulsory retirement age is 60 years for both male and female members.
Old Age Pensions include;
This is benefit (lump sum) paid to a retired person who attained the voluntary retirement age (55 to 59) years or compulsory retirement age (60) years and has also contributed to the Fund for a minimum period of 60 months.
Old Age Pension
These are benefits paid to a member at the end of each month since retirement until he/she die.
- Beneficiary must be a registered member and contributor to the Fund.
- Member should have attained the age of voluntary retirement (age 55-59) or mandatory (60 years) and retired.
- Member should have contributed not less than 60 months before retirement.
Procedures for applying pension benefits.
In order member to get a pension, he/she is required to submit the following documents: -
- Employer's letter confirming his/her retirement.
- Personal letter requesting retirement benefits.
- Two recent colored passport sized photographs of the member.
- ZSSF membership card
- Bank details: name of the bank, account name and account number of the applicant.
- Application form (SSF10) which is available and filled in front of ZSSF Benefit's Officer.
Additional features to ZSSF benefit.
- ZSSF benefit is greater than any other Social Security Fund in Tanzania.
- Benefit provided by ZSSF is paid immediately after member completes the relevant procedures.
- Payment takes place between ZSSF and responsible member and not through employer, other institutions or anyone else.
- ZSSF benefit do not discriminate; is provided to all members, nationals and non nationals of Tanzania, as stipulated in the United Nations Declaration on Social Security.
- Payment of Benefits information is confidential between ZSSF and member, or beneficiary's payees.
- Payments are paid in early day of the month by 25 or below, even if it is a weekend or in religious and national holiday