Invalidity benefit is one of the long-term benefits offered by the Fund paid to a member who lost the ability to work due to physical or mental disability after the state certified by the Board of Physicians.
Invalidity benefits include:
Invalidity gratuity is a lump sum amount paid to a member who contributed for a period not less than 60 months and lost their earning capacity due to physical and/or mental disability.
This is monthly payment to the member upon ceases employment on Medical Board’s recommendations basis to the rest of his/her life.
- Beneficiary must be a registered member and contributor to the Fund.
- Member should have contributed not less than 60 months before developing the relevant disability.
- Member not necessarily reach 55 or 60 years
Procedures for applying pension benefits.
Member to be able to get disability benefits is required to submit the following documents: –
- Report of the Board of Physicians which confirm loss of member’s ability to work.
- Employer’s letter confirming his / her retirement.
- Two recent colored passport sized photographs of the member.
- ZSSF membership card
- A personal letter requesting retirement benefits.
- Application form (SSF10) which is available and filled in front of ZSSF Benefit’s Officer.
Additional features to ZSSF benefit.
- ZSSF benefit is greater than any other Social Security Fund in Tanzania.
- Benefit provided by ZSSF is paid immediately after member completes the relevant procedures.
- Payment takes place between ZSSF and responsible member and not through employer, other institutions or anyone else.
- ZSSF benefit do not discriminate; is provided to all members, nationals and non nationals of Tanzania, as stipulated in the United Nations Declaration on Social Security.
- Payment of Benefits information is confidential between ZSSF and member, or beneficiary’s payees.
- Payments are paid in early day of the month by 25 or below, even if it is a weekend or in religious and national holiday.